Dynamics 365 Articles

“UNEXPECTED ERROR” on Record Creation / Update in a Workflow

I’m going to share something life changing with you right now. Perhaps I’m the only one that ever experienced this… who knows, but I thought I’d share it anyway.

Have you ever created a workflow and added the “Update / Create Record” function? Have you ever created an “Automated Record Creation Rule” and added the same function? Have you ever received the below error? I’ve found that this generally happens on the Case entity…

WELL… If you have ever encountered this delightful little issue, then you are in the right place. After beating my head against a wall, I discovered that this appears when you activate and publish the Knowledge base functionality to the associated entity… This is why it was happening on the case record.

To resolve, simple pop into the relevant entity and disable the KB functionality on the forms.

The thing that made me very sad was that I discovered I needed to disable this on all the forms, not only the primary form. This may be an issue if you have a load of different forms.

Once I had disabled the KB functionality I could set the update fields in the case entity.

Once all your updates are made, simply go back into the case entity and re-enable the KB functionality J

I hope this helps someone because I fought for a while to get this right and I couldn’t find a load of stuff on the web.

2

chrishuntingford


Leave a Reply