How to delete a Dynamics 365 for Operations Environment
This document details the steps to de-allocate and delete a Dynamica 365 for Operations Environment from within Lifecycle Services. Please follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Login to the focal environment and check online users (System Administration>Online Users) to see if any users is currently in the environment.
- Broadcast a message to the online users.
- Select “Message Online Users” as shown above
- Select “Broadcast a message for downtime” as the ‘Change type’
- Enter the time the time that the message is valid until (which is up to the point servicing starts).
- Select “Post” to send the message:
- Then select “Yes” if it is certain that the message must be sent
- A message will then appear stating successful completion
- Stop the environment in LCS
- Once the environment has successfully stopped select “Deallocate” (trash bin icon)
- Select Delete (trash icon)
- Enter the name of the environment that you wish to delete in the pop-up window.
- When the user goes back to the project the environment will be marked for deletion.
After a whilst the project shall be deleted.