If you have tried to switch on/off your configuration keys but are greeted by the following message: “This form is read-only unless the system is in the maintenance mode. Maintenance mode can be enabled in this environment by running maintenance job from LCS, or using Deployment.Setup tool locally” then you’ve stumbled across the right article.
Follow the instructions below to place your D365 for Operations environment into Maintenance mode:
- Log into the server
- Open up command prompt and enter the following run command (note: please check that the Microsoft.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe file is in the location specified below):
J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe –metadatadir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory –bindir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin –sqlserver . –sqldatabase axdb –sqluser axdbadmin –sqlpwd enter axdbadmin password here –setupmode maintenancemode –isinmaintenancemode true
- Replace ‘true’ with false if Maintenance mode needs to be switched off.
- Execute the command by hitting return, a window will appear then disappear shortly after.
- The next step is to restart the AOS by going to the ‘Internet Information Services’
- Once these steps have been complete Maintenance mode will be either on or off.