A while ago I was working on creating a ribbon button for Contact Form. I used the fabulous RibbonWorkBench to add the button to my classic form. My requirement was to run a workflow from my custom ribbon button. The post I referred to was from Scott Durow in his website.
When I changed my form from the classic Webform to UCI, I saw two strange behaviors .
The button was not anymore showing on UCI
- Someone using the Ribbon Workbench, the Enable Rule was messed up. The button was showing in the classic form but not on the UCI form. I tried creating new solutions. I even tried isolating the button. None of these worked. Then I had to examine my “Customization.xml” file. I used the Microsoft Documentation to write enable rules again and published my solution. Once I published my solution it worked fine. To button line is that in case of any issues with your ribbon (when you try all possible options), make sure to examine Customization.xml to ensure your configuration is correct. Customization.xml is the ultimate source of truth.
Pressing the ribbon button was not doing anything
- The ribbon button was not performing anything because the action was from a static .js library (/_static/_common/scripts/RibbonActions.js). Actions in UCI must be from web resources. static files are not supported anymore on UCI