- 6 Download
- 3.83 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- April 14, 2019 Create Date
- April 14, 2019 Last Updated
This Flows shows you how to set the time of a DateTime field in Dynamics 365 or CDS when using the date input of the "When a record is selected" trigger.
If you try to use the value of a date input, it will confuse the end user as they'll be seeing the UTC equivalent time in their time zone.
This Flow outlines the actions required which involves
- Grabbing the Office 365 Profile for their ID
- Identifying the User in CDS to retrieve their personal settings
- Retrieving their time zone code to identify their time zone
- Converting a set time value of the date entered in the trigger, based on the end user's time zone into UTC
Read my full blog post here.